how to migrate from (normal ) gmail to google for your domain gmail
Today, I had moved from normail gmail to gmail of google for your domains. Using gmail of mydomain is easy. But migration is not easy. Because I have a huge label and filter entry which I had maintained my gmail account for over two years.
Almost one hour, I was hopeless feelings. However, I remembered.
We can use filter assistant which is included in better gmail to migrate labels and filters!! This cool filter assistant support both ASCII and Japanese characters.
- install better gmail
- logon normal gmail
- push filter assistant button
- select “Backup filter & label”
- copy from textarea.
- logon gmail of google for your domains.
- push filter assistant button (same as 3)
- select “Restore filter & label”
- paste your filter and label setting which you got at 5.
- (optional) logon normal gmail,
- remove all your filter
- set forward to gmail of google for your domains